One of my favorite things about the summer is my parents garden! There are peppers, tomatoes, squash, cucumbers, zucchini, okra, onions and more! There is nothing better than home grown vegetables! It's always very plentiful...sometimes not all at the same time. I will end up having a ton of cucumbers or zucchini sometimes and will have to wait for some of the other veggies. I usually grill, boil and bake them. I never want anything to go to waste so I have started to look for new ways to get some veggie intake! Enter zucchini chips! It's a perfect snack. This recipe calls for 2 zucchini's, but you will notice that everything shrinks...So sometimes I double the recipe for more chips!
(serves 1) - Double to make more!
1tsp of olive oil
1/4 tsp of salt - I normally cut the salt, but you can do whatever you like!
1/4 – 1/2 tsp of garlic powder - I normally use real garlic
ground pepper (to taste)
1) slice 2 medium zucchinis (about 1/2 pound each) thinly with a mandolin
2) toss the sliced zucchini's in a bowl with olive oil, salt and garlic powder
3) spray a baking sheet and place them on there on the pan
4) sprinkle them with freshly ground pepper
5) preheat the oven to about 400f and bake for 30min turning them over once at 15min